LIP LINER COLLECTION│♥│

Leave a Comment
Lip liners often go very unnoticed in peoples makeup collection and face. But I honestly thinks it makes a massive difference - if done correctly.  Thanks to the Kadarshians, lip liner love has finally resurfaced. 

A nude lipstick and a black lip liner really doesn't look good on anybody, if it does look good on an individual it's an extreme rarity. I do not always like to match my lip liners to my lipstick - but I tend to match nudes with nudes, pink with pinks, reds with reds, etc, you get my drift. I only actually own five lip liners but I use three of them very often, the other two lip liners are ones which I have just recently picked up.  Even though I have fairly big, and plump lips, sometimes I liked to overdraw them (carefully!), just for the extra va-va-va-voom. 

Today I will be giving you an overview of my lip liner collection and I hope you enjoy!






The two colours here are actually from a brand which you can find in your local Tesco supermarket! These are the two colours which I have just recently picked up but not used yet - the reason I have not used these yet is because I am saving them for the Autumn weather! Roll on September so I can get my dark colours back out! The shade on the left is Merlot by Barbara Daly, and on the right is Fig by Barbara Daly. So far so good - these lip liners swatched beautifully and creamy. Unfortunately I cannot seem to find these products online - but I purchased these in my local tesco store.  



The left colour is 04 Pink Princess by Maxfactor, and in the middle 02 Pink Pental, also by Maxfactor. These lip liners really are fantastic and actually last longer than the lipstick I wear with it - which can actually leave me looking just a wee bit mental - especially when wearing 04 Pink Princess - the brighter colour on the left! I do recommend that you swatch these though - as I feel as if the colours look a lot different when you swatch them compared to wearing them. Pink Pental looks like a very pale pink but it actually goes on a darker nude colour. 04 Pink Princess is more true to colour than Pink Pental but it still doesn't look the exact same.These can be picked up from Boots for £4.99 - be quick to grab some goodies as there is currently a 3 for 2 offer on ALL Maxfactor products. 

Finally on the right we have Half Red by MAC. This is a beautiful dark colour which can be worn with any dark lipstick in my opinion. I've worn it with dark purples, under red lipsticks, with wine red/burgundy lipstick. It just all round is a really nice lipstick - and I have found that it also wears beautifully alone - with just a tad of vaseline on top, as I also find this can dry my lips out a bit after use. But with vaseline or something similar you are good to go. Another thing which I don't love about this lipstick is that it needs to be sharpened - which leaves the tip quite rough and sometimes a bit painful (you can see the sharp tip in the picture above). I just run the tip over my hand a few times gently and it softens it up. The fact it needs sharpened is also a good thing - as you get way more use of the product, unlike the other lip liners I own.

Do you own any of the above lip liners? Are you even a fan of lip liners, yay or nay? Do you have any other recommendations of lip liners which I could try out? 

Thanks for taking the time to read this blog post, I hope you enjoyed! Stay gorgeous xox 

SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PREMIUM BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig