│E.L.F FLAWLESS FINISH FOUNDATION │ I DON'T LIKE IT│JULY 2014 │♥│

1 comment
It's not very often I opt to write out a bad review of a product - I only display my true love for products that I genuinely like. This blog post wasn't even planned, and instead exists out of pure disbelief and confusion - which I am partly to blame for, and I will discuss later... Everybody knows I love E.L.F, and everybody does love E.L.F cosmetics. I never did try their foundation - because I thught, cheap foundation will be no good to me...Then along came a new foundation in there studio range. I thought "oh, i'll spend the price of an average drug store foundation, surely it's good". Well apparently it's not. Behold, the "flawless finish foundation, SPF 15, Oil free", 
 (lie after lie, after lie). 

http://eyeslipsface.co.uk/en/restofworld/foundation/flawless-finish-foundation/invt/83110#dontShow 
The above link is satan itself. Firstly the description on the elf website says... 

"Achieve a flawless complexion with the silky smooth e.l.f. Studio Flawless Finish Foundation. The lightweight formula blends in naturally for a beautiful semi-matte finish. This  liquid  foundation applies easily and lasts all day for visibly brighter  and radiant looking skin. Using our Flawless Finish Foundation not only restores uneven skin textures and tones, but most importantly, the SPF 15 protects your skin against harmful sun damage!..." 

In theory, this foundation sounds good. Now, does anywhere above say that you need to REAPPLY this foundation every two hours? because rumour has it (according to the back of the bottle), that this MUST be reapplied every two hours. Now which foundation, which lasts all day, has to be reapplied? Oh it gets worse.
This foundation is apparently oil free? if it is oil free then why did this happen to my face, after only seven hours of wear? 


As you can clearly see the foundation has already started to run down my face and become quite patchy at areas. Which is strange because this morning I put on a primer, set my foundation with powder AND put a finishing spray on top. Oh, and done nothing except sit in a cold house all day. I would hate to see how this foundation reacted being out in the sun for a longer period of time. I am much more shiny after the 7 hours of wear. For a semi matte foundation with no oil in it - this is very strange. Maybe I am being fussy... But I always wear foundation, when when i'm not wearing make-up, I am probably still wearing foundation... This is easily one o the worst foundations I have ever used. I am scared to take my make-up off tomorrow morning and see what it has done to my skin. Perhaps somebody with a different skin type may get along better with this. I usually love E.L.F and have done a few blog posts based on them, which is why I am so upset at the fact they are calling this a flawless finish oil free foundation. The foundation itself goes on beautifully, I used one pump for my entire face, it blended beautifully using the topshop foundation brush - in fact, I was very happy until I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror.

Sorry for so much negativity, I just need to put a stop to the praise that everybody gives E.L.F - Even though I still love them, I finally found a product I hate, and I love that I hate it....Thank you for reading xoxox




SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

1 comment

  1. I also love elf but find their products to be either really good or really bad. Then there's things like this foundation, which people either love it or hate it. I think it just depends on your skin type and chemistry. They don't claim this will control oils, the formula is just oil free. You're right about the SPF issue though - this (and all other foundations with spf and regular sunscreen) does need to be reapplied in order for the spf to remain active.

    ReplyDelete

PREMIUM BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig