BEST FOUNDATION EVER!

Leave a Comment

It can take girls months, years and sometimes even decades to find the perfect foundation for themselves. A lot has to be taken into consideration when looking for the right foundation - such as colour and skin type (oily, dry, acne prone etc). But what also has to be taken into consideration is what you actually want out of your foundation. Some prefer to use a mineral foundation, which can be light or heavy - the same as liquid foundations, they can also be light or heavy. You can get some foundations which brighten the skin, and some which actively help the skin throughout wear - such as BB creams/foundations.

I have oily skin - and i absolutely adore the flawless base. So Estee Lauders Double Wear Stay-In-Place foundation was a complete and utter winner for me. This foundation is not for the faint hearted as it is very thick and very full coverage. It does not come with a pump so it's easy to pour out more than you need - so please take this into consideration! I use about the size of a 1p coin for my entire face - and sometimes I have a bit left over, (which I usually just put on my neck and blend down, just to ensure even coverage and colour!). 

I apply my primer of choice after cleansing and moisturising with my favourite Clinique products. I'm currently switching between Benefits Pore-fessional and my SmashBox primer. Either of these primers look beautifully. I do not like applying this foundation with a wet sponge - I don't feel like the coverage is that great and it can look quite cakey. Instead i've found that either a stippling brush, a buffing brush or the Real Techniques expert face brush works beautifully with this foundation. After I apply this foundation I also add concealer, a setting powder and a setting spray (I love the Urban Decay Oil Slick setting spray). All of these steps give my skin a very flawless look and a very clean and clear base to add the rest of my makeup to. 

I find that this foundation can easily take me from morning to night with very little effort or touch ups needed - maybe half way through the day I have to reapply a setting powder or take a blotting sheet over my face, but I know that is purely because I already have very oily skin. I can wear this foundation anywhere, that is purely through choice. I understand that some people like to wear more light weight foundations on a day to day basis, but for the majority of my makeup life I have always really liked heavy weight and high coverage foundations (MAC Pro Long Wear is another favourite). I am still on my first bottle of this - which I purchased in around about March/April, a little definitely goes a long way and your £30 lasts a while.

Have you tried this foundation yet? Do you like heavy coverage, or are you more of a barely there type of girl? Do you have any other foundations that you think I should try out which has a similar finish? 

Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoy your day! xox 

SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PREMIUM BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig