HOLIDAY HAUL│CLOTHES FOR PLUS SIZED GIRLS │ MAY 2014 │♥│

Leave a Comment
Well hello stranger! Exam time is over with and I am currently sitting around doing not very much waiting to get my exam results back... Lets all keep our fingers crossed for me! I thought this would be the perfect to do a blog post. I've been wanting to do a blog post on this subject for quite some time... But I've genuinely always been too self concious and the word "Plus sized" is very controversial. Plus sized to me means anything above a size 14 - purely because not very many high street stores and boutiques go above a size 16. Just to clarify... I can range anything from a size 12-18, depending on what it is (oversized baggy top, size 12... a pair of super skinny ASOS jeans I own are a size 18, thunder thigh problems!!) For the most part though I am a size 14 - 16. A 12 to me  is on a lucky day a size 18 is an unlucky day and involving jeans. I reckon I have finally mastered the art of plus size fashion... Pick your favourite parts and enhance them. 

I have good boobs. Just to put it out there. They're easily my most favourite part about myself. My least favourite part? My thighs. I can then choose items which I feel completely comfortable in, instead of wearing a tent all the time. I'm blessed with an all over curvy figure - even if I was a size 8, I'd probably still have my big thighs, big boobs and big bum, with a small waist and big hips. I can use this type of body shape to my advantage as I think hourglass shapes are the easiest shape to work with as I feel as if hour glass bodies at all different dress sizes can pull of a wide range of things. 


Enough about dress sizes and figures! More about the holiday I'm going on! I'm going on my first ever girls only parent free holiday to Magaluf, on the Island of Majorca in Spain. Me and three close girlfriends fly off on the 19th of July for a wild week away. So obviously, I've been buying clothes! I'm one of the people that usually recycles my holiday and beach wear clothes, but this year I have purchased a few items especially for this holiday as I've went down a few dress sizes since last summer.


 I have took pictures of myself wearing a few of the items (when hanging them up on a hanger doesn't do them justice). In no means have I finished my shopping yet!


I thought I would combine this haul and beach/summer/holiday clothes for plus sized girls together, as it seems like the perfect opportunity! In no means am I a fashion expert NOR am I telling you what to wear. I've been considered a plus size for many years now so I know what works for me in every season, not just summer! You don't have to cover up to look good my fellow curvy ladies!


Firstly I'll talk about the two items I have bought so far for during the day, there will be more to come! Can't survive a week in Magaluf with one Bikini and day top! This out of the world bikini was bought out of River Island very recently. I love that the design is in the middle of the bottoms and creates an illusion of a smaller bottom half. The bikini top is underwired with straps too... Giving you support for the bigger boobies girls! I really enjoy bikini's like this as I feel as if they compliment my figure very well with super high waisted bottoms and a bigger top - I feel the most confident in these bikini's, and over the past few years they have became the only bikini's that I will wear. I have another one of these bikinis from Riverisland which I bought last year. Exact same design but a leopard print pattern instead. I will be taking both of these bikini's on holiday and will more than likely purchase another similar one!






Next moving on to a top which I bought, to wear with some shorts by the poolside/beach/just in general during the day! This top, also from River Island screams SUMMER 2014 right at me. It's bang on trend with the sports luxe mesh inspiration and the bright coral design with flowers. This would be superb during the day on holiday to just throw on top of a bikini. The material is super light and breathable. As I said, this will be perfect with some draw string shorts and a pair of flip flops,

with a pair of white or black aviator sun glasses - oozing out with the sports luxe trend. This could probably be worn without shorts and just as a dress - if you were petite! But unfortunately due to my curvy figure and tall frame, it looks down right silly as a dress on me.

Now moving on to more evening attire... Usually when going out abroad at night I would get kind of dressed up. Although, for one of these types of holidays people don't tend to get TOO fancy at night - I've opted for picking up a few smock/skater dresses so far, and one play suit. I'm going to purchase a few crop tops and skater skirt/midi skirts. 
















I can't help but too feel as if this dress was invented for me! I love a good ASOS bargain. This is a white dress with an Indian-type-print on it, with Indian elephants in the middle wearing traditional-Indian-stuff. I hope I've not offended anybody! You can see what I mean though. This is a super light smock and skater dress hybrid! On the hanger it looked really shapeless, which is why I opted for a quick mirror selfie to show you what it looks like. I think I will wear this gorgeous dress with a pair of white plimsole shoes or black jelly sandals. (Just purchased them from ASOS about an hour ago for the holiday!) This will look nice with my small white or black bag and some gold jewellery. 


 Next moving on to this other brilliant ASOS purchase! A low cut safari print dress. I'm a massive fan of this skater dress. From the print on the dress right down to the shape and the zip going down the front. I bought this in a size smaller because of the baggy shape...Which has played a little bit of havoc with bigger boobs! But oh well... they look kind of good squished together in the picture! Once again I think this would look nice with a pair of gladiator sandals, a small black box bag and gold jewellery - as the zip going down the front of the chest is a very light gold colour. This isn't just a holiday item - if the sun ever decides to come out in Scotland this would be a great summer wear with gladiator sandals during the day. ASOS is full of Safari print dresses at the moment - and Elephant prints also! If you're a fan of elephants - ASOS is currently the place to be! 



















Next moving on to something which my mum very kindly picked up from me - an absolute bargain at £12 from the finest, Primark! A beautiful denim, stone wash playsuit. Very casual but would be lovely with a pair of white plimsoles and my white across body handbag for going out at night in Magaluf (here's hoping I don't end up too drunk to get it off!) 



 I hope this blog post has given other plus sized curvy girls like me some thought and inspiration on what to wear this year on holiday. It's horrible to think that people expect larger ladies to constantly walk around in tents. We are able to work with our figures and create fantastic looking outfits - even when it involves wearing a bit less than normal. The most important thing a girl can wear is confidence. If you are confident, it will ooze out of you! That, is my favourite piece of fashion which will NEVER go out.

I hope everybody has a fantastic holiday or summer - whatever you are getting up to! I will speak to all you soon! Happy Wednesday evening! xoxox







SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PREMIUM BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig