│SHRINKING VIOLET │Fabulous Face & Nail Studio│ January 2014 │♥

Leave a Comment
I was lucky enough to be able to get a Shrinking Violet treatment at the fabulous...Er...Fabulous Face & Nail Studio. A beauticians based in Livingston Village, West Lothian. 

You may remember my previous post on the beauticians from back in the summer.Click here for a quick reminder. 

The beauticians is based in a quirky converted barn/farm house with modern interior.Red, black and white with some walls being papered in a funky zebra print design  The beauticians do many treatments from acrylic nails to shellac on the toes, hairdressing, spray tanning, HD brows to waxing. The over all  feel of the beauticians is very laid back and relaxed. On numerous occasions I have visited the salon and been spoken to off of every member of staff currently within the work place. Once again on numerous occasions that I have been in, there has been a big group chat and gossip between all the members of staff and all the clients currently in. The girls that work there are the lovely and always explain everything about every procedure, they don't just dive straight into the treatment before giving you about the facts. 

Today in the salon I got my Shrinking Violet Treatment and my High Definition Brows (HD Brows) done. Jillian gave me my Shrinking Violet Treatment and Colette done my eyebrows for me. Both of the girls were very informative about the treatments, and even though I have had my eyebrows done at numerous salons Colette was able to give me some pointers that no other beautician did. 

Now, to get on to the actual purpose of this post!

The Shrinking Violet Body Wrap is the most successful skin wrap available with at least 4 inches lost in the first treatment. This pain free, gym free process can successfully remove fat in problem areas where fat is just simply too stubborn to move (my thighs are the weakest part), although 4 inches is the minimum you’re guaranteed to loose with your first hour long treatment many people will lose more than that. Today in my first treatment I lost a whopping 11.5 inches (full body).
The wrap helps break down the fat cells in the body. Think of a fat molecule being a grape prior to the treatment, the wrap will basically squish the grape and turn it into a raisin. And your body will err... Pass the raisin through your bowels. That's the basic theory of it, there's a lot of science behind it!  The wrap works by lipolysis ground-breaking process to remove unwanted fat, a few days after the treatment you'll visit the toilet quite a lot with a weaker bladder - completely pain free but fluids will pass through your body quicker, especially because it is 100% recommended to drink plenty of water for a few days after the treatment, even better if you try to drink water all the time though ;-)

The results are instant. Before the Shrinking Violet Wrap has been applied, the beautician will take measurements of your body. An oil like substance is applied as well as the tight cling film (it's not cling film, but it certainly looks and feels like it!). once it's applied all over the body from the neck down, it's time for the boring part...lying in a warm room with covers over you for an hour! Although if you're anything like me and haven't had very much sleep the night before, it's a good time to catch some Zzzz's. After an hour the wrap is taken off and the beautician will take the measurements again.

There are no serious or dangerous side effects with this treatment. Although, you may feel slightly uncomfortable with restricted movement due to the cling-film-like-thing being wrapped around your body, an itching sensation may also occur, which is totally normal in this procedure as it is the ingredients working their way into the skin. The tightness of the film around your body will put a bit of pressure on to your bladder, and once you've finished the treatment you will dash to the toilet very quickly! It is important that you do not shower for 12-24 hours after the treatment as the ingredients are still soaking in to your skin working away. It is also important that you drink plenty of water for a few days after the treatment. Jillian recommended that I also try to avoid caffeine and greasy unhealthy foods for a few days after the treatment - better so I should try to avoid them completely, wrap or no wrap! 

I am very lucky to have had a very successful first treatment of this loosing 11.5 inches. Results will vary depending on your problem area's and your general body size/shape. The wrap will permanently remove the fat, although ... if you continue/start to eat very unhealthily and exercise less then you will obviously gain new fat and therefore gain more inches. It makes sense to use as an additional aid to weight loss, but there is no point in simply relying on this wrap to help you loose weight - healthy eating and exercise are also important. But the Shrinking Violet Treatment is another additional boost to loose weight and keep it off.

The actual measurements of the inches I have lost are as follows:-
  • From the leg area a total of 4.25 inches
  • Torso area (hips, waist, bust etc) 5.8 inches
  • Arms/Wrist area 1.5 inches
Overall I lost the most inches on my torso area, with 1.5 inches lost on the abdomen and waist. I noticed the results instantly and the treatment will continue to work for up to 72 hours, that's why you shouldn't go for a shower until at least 12 hours after the treatment. 

I would like to say a big thank you to Fiona at the Fabulous Face & Nail Studio for giving me this opportunity and to Jillian who I am now very comfortable around after she rubbed an oil on me when I was half naked, and of course thanks to Colette for my HD eyebrows. I could go on forever but basically, thanks to all the girls at Fabulous Face & Nail Studio for making all my previous visits to the salon a very pleasant experience with the friendliness of them all. I highly recommend people in the local West Lothian, Edinburgh and Glasgow area to give this salon a try. There is a wide variety of treatments available and you could not fault the girls working there in any way at all. 
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PREMIUM BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig