│HAIR-CARE│ROUTINE SERIES│POST 1│AUGUST 2014 │♥│

Leave a Comment
Hello! I hope that you are all doing wonderfully. A reader asked me to do a hair care routine, and which products that I use, and I then thought up of a great idea to do posts on my "routines". Starting off with hair, firstly in this post, then I will do my everyday make-up routine, my skin care, and even my shower routine. Showing all the products that I use in my life everyday when I am getting  ready, going through each of them individually explaining them to my readers. 


Washing my hair 

I have tried many different shampoo's and conditioners. I have perhaps been through hundreds of different kinds in my "caring about my looks" life. But, I always seem to go back to two individual products each time. The L'oreal Paris, Elvive, Colour Protect Caring Shampoo & Conditioner. I feel as if these washing products keep my hair the healthiest, in the most inexpensive way possible. They keep my hair richer with colour and my hair feels smoother, shinier and just in general very healthy when using these products. I don't have a particular set of days when my hair gets washed. Sometimes I leave it for four days with no wash, sometimes - it can get washed twice a day. It all depends on the circumstances. 



Products used on my wet hair

Now moving on to the products which I use when I have washed my hair. The following two products I use when my hair is still wet, I only use these on wet hair just before I blow dry it, you have the option to put these products on dry hair, but myself personally I just use when its wet. Once my hair has been washed, I towel dry it and brush it through using my tangle teezer or a wide tooth comb. Once I towel dry my hair, it's about half dry. This is when I use these products. 

I always use a mousse on my hair, and currently my favourite is the VO5 Plump it up mousse. Because my hair is so thick and heavy, it sometimes sits really flat. So i use a fair amount of product on this and rub it between my hands and distribute evenly through my hair. I don't just use this on my roots, but all over my hair to give it an extra bit of volume. I love this product because it comes out so smoothly - not watery and sticky like most mousses are, unforunately! This product comes out like whipped cream. Another positive factor of this mousse is that it provides a firm hold - making the volume it gives you actually last all day, I have a few vo5 products in my current hair care routine and I use them all because of how long they last through out the day. Genuinely have nothing negative to say about this product, the price tag is fantastic too, retailing at £3.89 currently in boots.

Next moving on to another product which I use on my wet hair. Sea salt spray. Currently I am using the Schwarzkopf Got2b Beach Matt Salt Spray. I use sea salt sprays because it gives my hair texture. The number one thing I hate about freshly washed hair is how....clean it is. Soft, annoying. Flat. Freshly washed hair is my worst nightmare, until I came across this little gem. It does exactly what it says on the bottle and gives my hair texture, without making it feel flat or crunchy like some sea salt sprays can do. The product smells amazing and fresh, not too overpowering either. The product doesn't particularly give me mermaid curls - because nothing gives me curls - but it does give my hair the correct texture and volume of waves, for me to curl my hair with a product and for the curls to actually hold a lot longer than they usually would.


Products used on dry/dirty hair 


I don't just use dry shampoo on dirty hair, but also on fresh hair as it provides even more volume and texture to annoying freshly washed hair! I always used batiste, even though I have tried more expensive and cheaper brands, I always go back to this one as I just simply adore it. I don't have a particular favourite bottle, or scent...as they all do the same thing, and I am honestly not very bothered about how it smells. I spray the product all over my hair, and do something else for five minutes before running my fingers and a brush through my hair to get the chalky white/grey out. Running my fingers through my hair also provides me with the volume I want, no back combing involved! Even though I love back combing, I do everything to avoid it, because we all know it isn't very good for your hair, so for standard everyday life, I rely on products to give me the volume I desire. I bought my current, large can of dry shampoo from boots for £3.99


I only ever use this next product when I am wearing my hair down (another vo5 one!).The VO5 extreme style texturising gum. I think this product was initially made for shorter hair, but I love using it on the bottom half of my hair. I find volumising products only ever stick to my roots, and I end up looking like a mushroom - big at the top, small at the bottom! This product helps my hair sit nicely. I take a small amount and rub it between my fingers and comb it through my hair - something about it makes the bottom of my hair appear much thicker. My hair care routine is all about making my hair as volumised as possible! Bought for £3.89 in boots.

I bought this product back in April - and have absolutely no idea if it's still available... I'm also not sure why it was bought in april if it was apparently limited edition! Never the less, this is a really nice product. I sometimes use this on freshly washed hair, but it works beautifully on day old/dirty hair. Dry shampoo usually gets rid of any shine that is in your hair, but this product brigs it right back! It is the TRESemme expert selection pro-shine. The product describes itself as an illuminating shine oil spritz. And once gain, it pretty much does what it says on the bottle! Provides my hair with great shine on those rather dull days. I cannot seem to find this product on the boots website, but I bought this one on Tesco, and found it alongside all the other TRESemme products. 


Next moving on to the very last thing, hair spray! I always use this, just to hold all of these products into place! Once again, I am not particularly fussy about what hairspray I use, as long as it provides the hold that i require to keep my hair perfect everyday. Especially if my hair is up in a bun on a lazy morning, or for work. This keeps everything into place for the whole day. I am currently using the VO5 Ultimate hold weather resistant hairspray. Once again, this is nothing fancy but it does the job and holds everything for me, perfectly!

You will have seen a trend in my hair care routine, in regards to the fact that I love everything to be volumized with hold. These products are the products that I use on a daily basis, sometimes I use one of the powders in my hair to give me the appropriate hold and texture to create a beehive on a night out, and when my hair is looking particularly dry and damaged, I will use an oil on it, or give it a deep conditioning treatment. If you would like to see a post on hair for a night out, then please let me know. I am always open to ideas and opinions on what blog posts that I should write up. Thank you for taking the time to read this blog post, I will speak to you in my next one. Have a lovely weekend xoxox
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PREMIUM BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig