MAY FAVOURITES - GARNIER, CLINIQUE AND MAXFACTOR │♥│

Leave a Comment
Throughout may I tried a fair few amount of new products,I rediscovered old favourites and amped up my skin care routine. I've managed to gather a seven favourites throughout the month of May - all of these products have fully satisfied me for a variety of reasons, which I will explain to all of you. 

I am lucky enough to be going to America on the 13th of June. Both Florida and New York. So, the summer skin preparation began! I believe this is a new product from Garnier. It is the Oil Beauty /Oil-infused nourishing scrub. This product is fantastic. It is basically just an exfoliator. But with four different types of oil included in it - argan, macadamia, almond and rose. Not only does this product get rid of dry flakey skin, but it is also extremely moisturising. I find that most exfoliators get rid of dead skin, but still make you feel a bit dry (if that makes any sense at all), meaning after exfoliation you have to spend the next half an hour moisturising. I did not feel the need to use a moisturiser after using this scrub in the shower. I always use this on wet skin - as I think exfoliating on dry skin can be extremely painful! This product is scented - but just smells of the oils in it. If you have any argan oil hair products, the scent of this scrub will be very familiar to you. My entire body feels silky smooth because of this product, and I really do recommend this product for getting rid of lizard skin legs! 

£7.39 from Boots

The next set of products I am going to talk about is just a general topic on skin care. The past month I have really upped my skin care routine. I'm not just doing it in morning, like I used to previously, but now I am making sure my skin gets the same treatment at night. Instead of just using a makeup wipe to remove my make-up, I am using the Clinique Take The Day Off cleansing oil. This product comes in the form of an oil, milk and balm. I just decided to pick up the oil for a little change. I used to use the Liz Earl Cleanse and polish and that was more of a balm texture - so for the sake of a change, I opted for the oil. It can be used on any skin type so the fact I have oily skin does not put me off. You dispense the product on to your hand and wipe over dry skin when you still have all your makeup on, the product breaks down your makeup and you simply just need to rinse after about 30 seconds - just take care around your eyes because unfortunately, I learned the hard way that it stings! As usual I am still using the clinique three step routine with the face wash/cleanser, toner and moisturiser. I have used these products for years and I am very happy with them - although they are a bit pricey with the three step process coming in at around about £50 depending on sizes, I wouldn't use anything else. I am happy with my skin currently having a solid routine. My skin is less oily and looks a lot more brighter. 


 Blushers have never really been my thing. I've just kind of bought whatever. The majority of my blushers are cheap drugstore ones such as the natural collection, seventeen, collection, etc. One day when Maxfactor had a 3 for 2 offer on I decided to pick up one of their new blushers. It is the Creme Puff Blusher coming in at £8.99 (Boots price). The blush on the left is the first one I picked up. It is number 15 in Seductive Pink. The colour on the right is number 05 in "Lovely Pink". The blusher goes on very pigmented - but both of the colours look very natural and very glowy. That's what I personally love about a blusher. I tend to focus more on contour/bronze and highlighter - and this blusher is glowly and "highlighty". These blushers do have to be used with a light hand due to the high pigmentation - they are also not the easiest to blend so any over application of the product can be really hard to fix. As long as you use appropriately these blushers are absolutely beautiful and have been a total staple in my everyday make-up look over the past month. 


We all love a good stippling brush don't we? This little beauty was on sale in Tesco in the reduced section area. This is apparently called the finishing brush, but really it's just a basic stippling brush. There's not much to say about this brush except from the fact it is just simply really nice - and I use it to apply all my foundations. It is very soft and easy to clean with my normal brush cleaning routine, which can be found by clicking here. I am never disappointed by the Eco Tools brushes. They can be found in most drugstores such as Boots and Superdrug, I have also seen them in Tesco and Asda. This brush was originally supposed to be £8 in Tesco and I grabbed it for £6.50. 


Recently I have been really been enjoying a very natural simple makeup look. And this Max Factor foundation has been absolutely fantastic during this little phase. It is the Max Factor Skin Luminizer in 40 Light Ivory, it comes in at £11.99 via Boots. This foundation contains luminizers (they are the white swirls you can see in the bottle). This foundation is extremely brightening and I find it to be quite a light, natural coverage foundation. Although I only ever tend to wear very heavy foundations such as Estee Lauders Double Wear and MAC Pro Longwear - so it depends what you're used to if you consider this foundation to be light or medium coverage. I use one full pump of the product - quite a fair amount is dispensed. I dot it all around my face and neck and I blend it in using the Eco Tools stippling brush as featured above. I just literally cannot get over how much I am enjoying using a light/medium coverage foundation. Although my makeup look has really changed over the past month - I much prefer embracing my natural beauty! 

It isn't a monthly favourite blog post until a lipstick is featured! This beautiful colour is my Maybelline in the colour 158 Pink Peony. It is a part of the colour sensational lipstick collection. There isn't too much to say about this lipstick except from the colour is beautiful and the application is near to perfect. It is very long lasting in my opinion, for a lipstick which is found in a drugstore and is only £6.99. The lipstick is very creamy which is no surprise as it contains honey nectar - which is also extremely moisturising. This goes on semi-sheer. It is very buildable up into a very intense colour. This has also contributed to my new found favourite natural makeup look. I love the whole colour sensational line by Maybelline, although this is just simply the type of colour which I have been reaching out for recently. 


The final favourite of this month has also been contributing towards the natural makeup look which I have been embracing recently. It is the Rimmel London Wake Me Up concealer. I'm probably one of the last makeup obsessed girls to jump onto this bandwagon. This concealer is very nice and light coverage, very brightening also which has helped me banish these big black circles underneath my eyes recently. I picked up the lightest colour from boots for £5.49. Even though concealer is very light and blendable, it is still very pigmented. It keeps my under eyes very bright throughout the day, and I set it using Boots natural collection loose powder in translucent. I first tried to blend this concealer with a Real Techniques eyeshadow brush which can be found in the Starter Set for £21.99 via boots. That brush works wonderfully with my other concealers but not so much with this rimmel one. Instead I picked up some basic makeup sponges from Boots. I wet it then squeezed all the excess water out and used it to blend in this concealer. This concealer also works quite nicely as a highlighter down the nose and above the cupid bow - as it is very brightening. This concealer is much lighter compared to what I tend to go for but as i've already said, it has worked wonderfully with this new natural makeup look I have been enjoying. 


Thank you for taking the time to read this blog post. Have you tried and tested any of these products above? What are your monthly favourites? I cannot forget to add Roller Lash mascara by Benefit as another favourite of this month, you can view a full review on this mascara by clicking here.

Lauren xoxo
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PREMIUM BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig