│AUTUMN/FALL FASHION FAVOURITES │ PLUS SIZED PICKS │ ANYBODY CAN WEAR THOUGH│ NOVEMBER 2014 │♥│

Leave a Comment
Hello! If you remember, in the summer - I done a clothing haul for plus sized girls jetting off on holiday... Well a new season means new fashion! When it comes to autumn (or fall for my american pals), I feel as if everyone suits every fashion trend. Big scarves, jumpers, boots, you can't really go wrong! This is my current favourite fashion picks for autumn/fall 2014, not exclusively for plus sized girls, but maybe my fellow plus sized divas are able to get some inspiration and ideas from the particular items that I have, and will continue to wear, probably up until Spring 2015.

Firstly - I have to say, year round, I always wear scarves, black skinny jeans and my leather jacket. Yes, all year round, So thats why I haven't included they items in this blog. The only difference is that I wear bigger more fluffy scarves in the autumn and winter.

I'm gonna start off with the jackets I have been wearing so far this Autumn.

I bought this big, denim, shearling lined jacket last year from ASOS, for around about £65 if I remember correctly. Denim and shearling alway seems to come back at this time of the year. Theres something so 90's chic about this denim jacket. And it is extremely cosy! I will NEVER be into double denim, I don't care how fashionable it is, I just can't do it...So therefore I usually wear this with a pair of leggings and a big baggy printed or slogan top, and my doc martens! Might as well throw on big hooped earrings and a scrunchie with this, to embrace your inner 80's/90's diva. If you hop on to ASOS to buy this, I would recommend getting your normal size, even though it is really oversized and isn't particularly the most flattering, I am glad I bought my normal size, it sits on you much nicer and is baggy in all the right places.


I have to say I am obsessed with this next jacket. Once again it's big and oversized, from River Island! I bought this in the summer so I am unsure if they still have it or not - regardless many places sell coats like this as they are very in at this time of the year. The only fault I have with this jacket is that I hate navy and I find it really hard to style! Much more of a black type of girl. I love wearing this to dress up, it's gorgeous with a LBD underneath or just some nice skinny jeans and a scarf. I have actually managed to loose my brown riding boots, but i'd imagine the colours in this jacket would look great with black skinny jeans or black leggings, a white top underneath, with brown riding boots and a nice big slouchy brown bag. I am picturing it in my head so hopefully you have that image as well! (Yes I have wore this and I still have the tag on it, woooopsies!


Thats it guys. I bit the bullet. I done it. I faced my worst fears and I bought a cape. And I regret nothing. I have seen girls run about in capes looking all posh and preppy, I was green with envy because I couldn't actually find one that I liked or suited. But I have to say, River Island has a great range! Tartan, plain, leopard print...You name it. What I love about the cape that I bought is that the colours are very neutral and will pretty much match my entire wardrobe. The fur effect is beautiful, but if you don't like, don't fear..the fur on most of these River island capres are detachable. This comes in one size, and is £35. I have seen that Topshop and Zara have quite a lot of beautiful capes in also.

Now on to jumpers! I love a good jumper during autumn and winter, not quite ready to get my christmas jumpers out yet... So i've featured three of my favourite jumpers for this time of the year. All of these are inexpensive, unlike the jackets and the capes above.

Firstly, I love the colour khaki green this time of the year. This isn't too thick, but not too thin. You can get away without wearing a vest top underneath it. I usually team this with leggings and black ankle chelsea boots. This is from H&M, I think H&M is excellent for "basics". You never see anything too bright or fancy in there, but it's great for all your basic jumpers. This jumper was a bargain at £14.99. The sizes, are a bit annoying... They come in S/M/L, which I absolutely hate! None the less, I have this jumper and i've probably overworn it, people will be sick of the sight of this... I like wearing this quite plain, and putting on a big chunky necklace with it. You can make this colour/jumper either super girly, accessorising with creams, or quite tough rock-chicky - thrown on with doc martens and a leather jacket. 

This jumper is a great piece for this time of the year. This is another H&M number, I actually got this for a present, last year in 2013 for my birthday, so I have no idea what the price is, I imagine it would be under 20 quid. Words cannot describe how cosy this jumper is! I have also included a picture of the jumper closer up, so you can really see the fluffy texture and material. This is just a plain black jumper with a twist, so I cant really give anybody any advice on how to wear this piece. Personally I think it looks great with blue denim jeans and thats how i've worn it - see, I don't ALWAYS wear black skinny jeans or black leggings. But seriously though, it's a black jumper, wear it how you want. I have dressed this up, and dressed this down - I wore it last christmas with a brown and cream leopard print mid length skirt - surprisingly it actually looked great together. 



Although this checkered shirt is not a jumper, I don't usually wear is as a shirt, I like to leave it open. I have often popped this on top of my tshirt and left it unbuttoned, which adds to the layered look which is also a fashion winner at this time of the year. This shirt is actually over two years old and I could really be doing with investing in a new one! But I love it. As you can see the collar has cute little studs on it. Checks and shirts go great together, especially during this season. Checks will always come back. 


Say hello to my new pride and joy! This gorgeous grey, sequined jumper from Topshop, which costs £46. Everyone should stick around to appreciate the beauty of this. Like the green khaki jumper, I don't feel the need to wear a tshirt underneath this as it keeps you nice and cosy the way that it is. I tend to wear this with black skinny jeans, leather jacket and my ankle chelsea boots. I do not feel the need to accessorise with a necklace or a scarf, because i think the embellishments are gorgeous on show. 


Now for some shoe time! I have included two pairs of converse on this post. I have included my all white leather pair, even though they are not traditionally autumn - they are leather, so they are waterproof! Perfect for they cold mornings when it's frosty, then sunny in the afternoon - they wont get ruined (if you look past the fact they are all white...). I have also included my burgundy converse. I went through a phase of loving and buying anything and everything burgundy! As you can see they are a bit tatty... But i wear these all the time! Converse are unbelievably comfy to wear, great for they long university days - and match pretty much everything! I have wore the white converse with the grey embellished topshop jumper, and the burgundy converse look great with the khaki green jumper. 



Well I feel a bit cheeky including these black boots in my autumn favourites because my feet are currently covered in blisters because of them, I love them though,  and continue to wear  them...Because they look great with most autumn outfits, including leggings and skater dresses. Paired with my leather jacket you have the perfect autumn outfit. In theory they are practical too... good boots for the winter, if they didn't hurt so damn much!

 Like my boots above these shoes look great with most autumn outfits, and unlike the other boots...these are incredibly comfortable! I love chelsea boots. I bought these from River Island recently and i like the detail included on the heel of the shoe, it has a gun mental/silver band with a stud on either side of them. These are a match made in absolute heaven when you look at my topshop embellished jumper. 

Now....on to my last favourite. These aren't for the faint hearted, and I will admit, they do look a bit pyjama bottom like.... But I love this with my leather jacket, plain black top and my black ankle boots. Equally they look nice with black plimsole's... but it's not plimsole season anymore! These are super comfortable for they long university days. And easy to wear! You don't have to fuss around finding stuff to wear with it - just throw it on with a plain top and you have a great looking outfit. These are quite thick and cosy, and I wouldn't consider the print to be particularly summery, more like... autumn floral. Did I just invent a new thing? flowers aren't usually alive in the autumn! I bought these from topshop recently - although I cannot find them on the website, I believe they have a matching bomber jacket with the same material and quilted effect. I'm going to take a wild guess and say these were between £30-£40.   


Thank you so much for reading this, it has been a while since I have posted something fashion related - as I know myself i do not have the best fashion taste in the world, I'm much more into make-up and I feel more confident at it. Although if you have enjoyed my fashion posts, please do not hesitate to let me know, as I love hearing feedback. Have a fabulous Thursday! xoxoxo
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PREMIUM BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig